European river cruise line CroisiEurope recently announced its Family Cruise program for this coming summer. Special-for-families offerings include:
- Child-friendly menus for dining
- Free or reduced rates for kids up to age 16 (more on that below)
- Waived single supplement fee
- Families booking multiple staterooms will get adjacent cabins
The Family Club offers free cruises for kids up to age 16 on select Portugal, Spain, and Italy departures, and 30 percent off for Croatia sailings. CroisiEurope includes excursions, guided tours, cultural evening events, and onboard meals and drinks, so these free and reduced prices come with a lot.
Family Cruise sailings with summer 2023 departure dates and the kids-sail-free offer include:
- From Portugal to Spain: This eight-day cruise follows Portugal’s Douoro Valley and Salamanca in Spain. Per person adult prices start at $2,906.
- From Renaissance-Infused Mantua to Romantic Venice: See three regions in Italy on this seven-day sailing from Mantua to Venice. Per person adult prices start at $2,789.
- Andalusia Traditions, Gastronomy and Flamenco: This eight-day cruise takes families from Seville to Granada in Spain’s Andalusia region. Per person adults prices start at $2,555.
By and large river cruises are not particularly family friendly since European river cruises are still mostly the realm of the retired. But the thing is, river cruises are actually a great fit for families—there’s plenty to do, a lot of easy exploring, meals are taken care of, and families only need to unpack once. So well done CroisiEurope for creating welcoming spaces and kid-friendly family cruise itineraries during the summer vacation season.