Tour companies have opened the floodgates on new tour announcements, and the offerings look pretty great for 2024. Here’s a quick overview of what we know so far (we’ll add more as we find out about them):
- Contiki, which offers tours for under 35s, is launching South Korean Soul, a nine-day tour that includes time in Seoul, Busan, and Jeonju. This is Contiki’s first South Korea tour.
WANDER SPIRIT: 10 Best Tour Companies for Young People
- Road Scholar is launching five new grandparent (tours designed for grandparents and grandkids traveling together) and family (tours designed for grandparents, adult kids, and grandkids traveling together) tour for 2024. The grandparent tours are Fairytales in the Black Forest: Germany, From Canals to Castles: Copenhagen, and The Magic and Mythology of the Amalfi Coast. The new-for-2024 family adventures are Georgia’s Barrier Islands and Wild About Alaska: Glaciers and Wildlife. There’s also a vague mention of soon-to-debut grandparent and family programs in Panama, so we’ll keep an eye out for that and let you know when it’s announced.
CIAO ITALIA: 10 Exceptional Italy Tours for 2023-2024
- Intrepid already offers more than 2,000 yearly departures to Morocco, and will expand its Morocco offerings even more in 2024 with the introduction of four new trips. There’s the eight-day Trekking in Morocco Happy Valley in High Atlas, the eight-day Classic Morocco, the eight-day One Week in Morocco: Sahara & Atlas Mountains, and the five-day Mt. Toubkal Long Weekend.
NATURE TOGETHER: 9 Best Companies for Walking and Trekking Tours
- Italy specialist Perillo is offering three new Italy tours for 2024. The 11-day Green Heart of Italy goes deep on Umbria with a little Tuscany and Rome mixed in. The nine-day Renaissance Tour focuses on Rome and Florence, while the 12-day Best of Southern Italy takes travelers to the regions of Campania and Puglia.
- Outdoors-focused tour operator REI Co-op Adventures is expanding with two Canadian Rockies trips and a bunch of U.S. options for 2024. The two Canada trips are a cycling trip between Banff and Jasper and a lodge-based winter trip, also in the Rockies. In the U.S., new trips include backpacking in Tennessee, canoeing in Minnesota, and snowshoeing in Tahoe.
Travel has come roaring back after the pandemic, and in the tour space that means booked tours and the chance for companies to start expanding their offerings again. Judging by these new tours, travelers want go to deeper into destinations they might not have explored on their own before. And isn’t that the magic of tours?