This is the time of year when tour companies put 2024 tours on sale, and I’ve been keeping tabs on which companies are offering what discounts. I’ll be updating this story as more end-of-year sales are announced. Here’s the list:
- Trafalgar: Between November 16 and December 5, Trafalgar is offering savings on more than 50 itineraries across the world. Discounts include $2,100 off the 22-day Highlights of Australia and New Zealand itinerary and $950 off the 15-day Best of South Africa. (Read our review of Trafalgar)
- EF Go Ahead Tours: Education-focused tour provider EF Go Ahead Tours is running a month-long sale with different deals each week. The general gist is that the sale offers discounts of $600 per traveler (or $1,200 per couple), with some short-term “lightning deals” of up to $1,000 off per person. November 3-9 spotlights Southern Europe tours, November 10-16 focuses on Northern and Central Europe as well as solo tours, November 17-22 has an Asia and Africa focus, and the 24th to the 27th is the big Black Friday/Cyber Monday offerings. (Read our review of EF Go Ahead Tours)
- G Adventures: Adventure tour provider G Adventures has a Cyber Sale that runs from November 1 through 30 for trips departing up to April 30 of next year. The sale features discounts of up to 30% on trip types including those focused on younger people, active travelers, and families. For example, the eight-day Thailand Island Hopping tour is currently discounted from $1,499 per person to $1,014, a 30% savings. (Read our article 10 Great G Adventures Tours to Take in 2024)
- Intrepid: Intrepid’s Cyber Sale runs from November 20 to December 4, and offers discounts of up to 20% or 25% off trips to more than 100 destinations. Bonus: If you’re looking for a bucket-list last-minute experience at a significant discount, the company is offering 30% off its December 2023 (that’s next month) departure of its Best of Antarctica: Wildlife Explorer. Intrepid focuses on responsible adventure travel, but also has some higher end trips as well as tours for families.
- Insight Vacations: Upscale tour provider Insight Vacations has a Black Friday sale from November 16 to December 5. During the sale, travelers can save up to 15% off on select 2024 tours. Discounted tours include the 10-day Best of Morocco tour and the nine-day Eastern Europe focused The Bohemian.
- Brendan Vacations: Ireland and Scotland specialist Brendan Vacations is offering 10% off all guided tours. It’s also offering $250 off per person for Private Chauffeur and Lux Self Drive trips or $200 off per person on Self Drive and Locally Hosted Rail experiences.
- Contiki: Contiki, the tour company that focuses on 18 to 35-years-old, will run its end-of-year sale between November 17 and November 30. It’s offering savings of up to 25% off on 60+ trips across six continents. On-sale trips include South Korean Soul, Sea, Safari, and South Africa, and European Discovery tours.
- Costsaver: With its Black Friday Travel Offers, budget tour company Costsaver is offering up to 15% off a select tours booked between November 16th and December 5th. Included in the sale are the nine-day Icons of South Africa and the seven-day Picturesque Portugal.
- Quark Expeditions: The polar-focused tour operator Quark Expeditions is having a Black Friday sale from November 13 to 27. Discounts include 50% off 2024 (and a few remaining sailings this year) Antarctic voyages, and 40% off 2024 Arctic tours. There are also additional discounts like free cabin upgrade and an additional 10% off if you pay in full when you book.
On the financial side of things, this is a great chance to get more for less. On the psychological side, I for one, love having travel to look forward to at the end of the year. It makes the shorter, colder days feel better somehow when I have a trip to anticipate.
More from TourScoop:
- 15 Best Tour Companies
- Where to Find the Best European Christmas Market Tours This Year and Next
- Best Tour Companies for Solo Tours